Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

He's a grizzly bear of a man.

Typically not my type, but I’ve reconsidered. Misty and I went to see Marc Broussard in concert on Saturday. He and his band mates put on one hell of a show. And I walked away with a little crush. Grrrrrr…

First of all, if you don’t know who he is, you will. VH1 named him a “You Oughta Know” artist, not to mention he already has quite the following. The Louisiana native – who credits his father (Boogie Kings’ guitarist Ted Broussard), Stevie Wonder, Brian McKnight and Prince as musical influences – has charisma and raw sex appeal. And that voice! The man has range – going from soul to rock to blues. When Misty asked me what I thought, the only way I could think to describe him was a grizzly bear. I swear… it’s a huge compliment! And how can you not love a man who sings barefoot on a red shag rug? I say again, “Grrrrrr…”

(The other acts that night deserve a mention too. Kudos to the The Gabe Dixon Band and Sons of William on a great job.)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Misty said…

    Grrrr indeed. There's definitely something to be said for a grizzly bear. And it was a fantastic show!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home