Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Living la vida monotonous.

Yes, it’s been awhile and instead of writing a huge post, I’ll summarize what’s been going on in the past week, in no particular order.

  • After waiting in line for over an hour at the DMV and barely passing the written exam, I finally got my NC driver’s license. Not my worst picture but definitely not my best.
  • Is anyone else excited about the Mel Brooks Collection – eight of his films in a DVD box set? The only problem is that it doesn’t include The Producers or Spaceballs. I guess the Schwartz isn’t with it.
  • Misty and I went out in Charlotte last weekend – did a little drinking, listened to a live band, danced and shot pool. It was nice to do some bar hopping. We went out Friday with coworkers and since this Friday is Cinco de Mayo, maybe I’ll be going out three weekends in a row.
  • Yesterday we went hiking at a nearby park, and ran into a local Boy Scout troop. Alex, Misty’s dog, was a big hit, but I forgot how short their attention spans are at that age. I don’t know how many merit badges they earned, but I don’t know how I would have felt if I needed first aid. They earn a badge for that, right?
  • I got a haircut, and then decided I needed to color it too. It’s as close to my natural color as I could get – medium natural brown.
  • Speaking of hair, even though it’s shoulder-length, I still managed to get it caught in a car door and tangled in a drain. Yup, that’s about it. I know; it's not very exciting but I'm OK with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home