Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Saturday, March 25, 2006

I just called, to say, I heart you…

An amazing thing happened today. Jeff and I finally talked on the phone! It’s a good thing too because I’m apparently going through Jeff withdrawal. My subconscious can’t grasp that I’m not in California anymore; I keep dreaming I’m there with Jeff going out and having a good time. What’s even more amusing is that I grew up in Eastern Standard Time yet after seven months on the West Coast, I still can’t figure out what the time is. I accidentally called a client near Los Angeles at 9:30 a.m. EST – 6:30 a.m. PST! Fortunately she was already up, but still… not a very good impression.

AS MUCH FUN AS YOU CAN HAVE WITHOUT ANOTHER PERSON in bed, that is. And get your minds out the gutter, please! My new plush mattress set is heavenly. I go to bed early, wake up late and do just about anything I can do sitting or laying down on the bed. I didn’t even realize how much I missed it until I rolled over in the middle of the night. I actually threw out my hands to catch myself from hitting the floor before I realized I wasn’t on a couch. You can be sure I had a good laugh over that.

IT’S GOT TO BE THE HUMIDITY/POLLEN/ALTITUDE – Or maybe just the air in general because I’m sick. And, as Jeff will appreciate I’m sure, not a cold/sore throat I can blame on him. Just like he can’t blame Cali’s current bad weather on me. Although, Charlotte has been having pretty crappy weather since I got here… Nope. I refuse to believe it. It’s all a coincidence.

CAN’T FIGHT THE HAPPY FEET! I’ve been in the mood to dance for over a week now. I’m going to have to get the girls from G-wood to come up or I’m going to have to drag out the coworkers because I can’t go much longer without shaking my ass and busting some moves. If it gets much worse, I’m afraid I’ll jump up onto a desk at work and start dropping it like it’s hot.

DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE PRIEST? So, the new job has a late policy. If you don’t make it on time to the 8:30 a.m. daily meeting, you have to either give the bosses a dollar or tell a joke to the whole office. I already used the one joke I can remember and I don’t have dollars to spare so I can use all the help I can get with finding more jokes. Not that I’m planning to be late, but I do have that new mattress…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home