Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Monday, June 05, 2006

Dance, Dance!

A few things... all music related.

UH OH, UH OH, UH OH OH! Saw the funniest thing today. I was walking Misty's dog after work today on a paved path that runs behind several subdivisions. I saw about half a dozen kids gathering in one of the backyards that back up against the greenway - yelling back and forth like kids do. All of a sudden, I heard a stereo on the porch blaring out Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" and the kids stop playing and all start dancing! These kids were probably 7 to 11 years old, and here they are shaking their asses like Beyonce does in the video. One boy was even doing some break dancing. So cute.

THE HAPPY FEET ARE SAD... Haven't been dancing lately, and that makes my feet very sad. It's gotten to the point where I'm dancing around my room every morning after my shower. (During this post, I've actually already gotten up to dance.) Fortunately, I might get to go this weekend. My friend Mandy invited me, Misty, Caroline and Joanie to Myrtle Beach. Like Jeff, Mandy understands that the happy feet must dance.

KELLY COUNTDOWN: Kelly Clarkson is doing a 4th of July show in Charlotte so guess what Misty and I are doing with a couple other girls? Going to see Kelly! Call me a sellout or whatever. And yes, I realize that we'll probably be the oldest ones there, but I'll still be spending my holiday with a cold beer and live music. Only 29 days to go...

MY CURRENT RADIO FAVORITES: Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous," Nickelback's "Animals," The Fray's "Over My Head (Cable Car)" and Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance."

OLD FAVORITES IN THE CD PLAYER: AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long," Live's "Lightening Crashes," Kid Rock's "Cowboy" and Aimee Mann's "Save Me."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Dani said…

    Hey you dancing fool! Hope you get to go this weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home