Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Friday, March 10, 2006

From the Jo' to the Queen City

Yup, that's what they call Charlotte. The past few days have gone surprisingly well considering I moved across the country in less than two weeks. I spent my last night in San Jose with friends singing karaoke. I got dragged into a rendition of “Summer Nights.” After a couple hours of sleep, I got up Wednesday for a day of flying and layovers that eventually got me to my destination. It was a typical trip that included meeting at least one interesting person. This time it was a woman from a marketing company that worked on several Hollywood movies including Shark Tale and Wallace & Gromit. She asked me if I wanted to help out so I ended up writing a little copy for a computer-animated film set for release later this year. Maybe I’ll get freelance work out of it.

The rest of my time has been spent sleeping, eating and adjusting to a full house. I’m currently sharing space with Misty (who will be my roommate), Randi (her current roomie), Alex (Misty’s dog), Winnie and Daisy (Randi’s dog and new puppy). Needless to say, they definitely keep me on my toes. I’ve also been setting up utilities for our new apartment which we will be able to move into next weekend. Very exciting! I realized I haven’t had my own space for about nine months now. About time, don’t you think? I also start the new job Monday, and I’m anxious to get into a routine. Even though everything seems to be falling into place, I don’t think I’ll relax much until I’m completely settled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home