Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hello. Welcome to (Insert Store Name Here).

I walked into a nearby mall and sought out those “hiring” signs. Lo and behold, I ended up with an interview tomorrow at one store, a trial run next week at another and an application at a third. By next week, I could be selling clothing, jewelry or kitchen stuff. You cannot, CANNOT believe how excited I am to possibly have a job. Granted, it may not be what i was planning, but I’m ready to work and make some money. I tired of all this time on my hands; my brain is turning to mush. As long as I can earn enough to keep the credit bureau off my ass and my phone from being turned off, I’ll be ecstatic. You know what’ll happen now, right? Yeah, one of the full-time positions will call me back. Hey, whatever it takes. I'll work there and at the mall. It might be nice to keep a part-time job on the side anyway. God knows the extra money and employee discount will be worth it. Say your prayers or chants for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Misty said…

    Yay! As much as we all bitch and moan about having to work for a living, it would drive me crazy to have nothing to have to do to get me out of the house, and I know you're the same way. I think it will take some of the stress out of hunting for a "real" job if you have some money coming to pay the bills and don't have so much financial stress in the picture too.
    I'll tell you what...if you get that shot for me, I'll find a job for you--deal? :)
    Anyway, I know you'll find something great and hopefully working retail will give you some more time to find something you really want to do, not just something that will pay the bills.

    P.S. I still miss you! Come back to Carolina!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home