Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Fun with fortune cookies.

Why fortune cookies should be kept away from people who overanalyze.

Fortune: People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.
My first thoughts: Does that mean I sell myself OK on my job interview(s)? Hmm... I wonder if I can get Jeff to go buy ice cream.

Fortune: It is time to help a friend in need.
Thoughts: Does Jeff need help? Mom, Dad, Kylie or Adam? One of the girls? Who would need help and what kind of help? Personally? Professional? Financial? Gosh... I hope not finanical.

Fortune: You cannot put the same shoe on every foot. Try amending your plan.
Thoughts: What the heck does that mean?! Am I going about my job search the wrong way? Do I need to come up with a Plan B? Is it time to buy a new pair of shoes?

Fortune: You will inherit a large sum of money.
Thought: Not any time soon I hope.

Fortune: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Thought: (snort) That's not fondness I'm feeling; it's frustration.

Fortune: You will soon receive an unusual proposition.
Tthoughts: That fortune following the last? Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home