Jack and Karen: Coast to Coast

Friday, September 22, 2006

On the way to work yesterday...

I can laugh about it now. Misty and I had just gotten onto the Interstate on our way to work yesterday when we came feet away from being impaled by a flying tree limb. (Keep in mind I’m driving the new car – the one I haven’t even made a payment on yet.) Anyway, traffic is heavy as usual and we’re chatting at approximately 70 mph when, all of a sudden, the car in the lane left of us runs over a branch in the road. It bounces in our lane – right in front of the car – and flies over us. All of this happened in the span of about 3 seconds.

First thought: “What the…?”
Second thought: “That’s a big branch!”
Third thought: “Shit! It’s coming right at me and I have nowhere to go!”
Fourth thought (by the time the branch landed): “Motherf***ing log trucks!”

Go ahead and laugh. Not something that would have happened in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home